Future Republicans of America

This is the Blogging site for the Future Republicans of America magazine. We welcome comments from all over the political spectrum.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

James Carville: Al Gore Will Run in 2008

Democratic political strategist James Carville says Al Gore will run for president in 2008, but he fell short of offering his endorsement of that possible campaign.

Carville, appearing Tuesday as a guest on MSNBC’s ‘Imus in the Morning’ program, said Gore’s desire to run for political office might come, not from his Oscar win, but rather from something more primitive.

"Running for president is like having sex,” Carville said. "You don’t do it once and forget about it. You want to do it again. He’s run for president in ‘88, he ran for president in 2000. We know he wants to be president and the stars could line up. I suspect he will get into this race.”

The CNN analyst, author and former Clinton administration operative, will likely support Sen. Hillary Clinton in the 2008 race, but Carville said he is not formally on board with her team.

"I am not associated with the campaign, but I am sympathetic to it," Carville said. "I love her and I wish her nothing but the best. I think any Democrat can win the general [election], but the primary will be tough for her, and I think she knows that.”

As for the Republican field, Carville has a longshot favorite he thinks may impress: former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

"If I was a longshot bettor, I might put two dollars on the nose on him,” Carville said. "I’ve seen him on television. He’s a little like President Clinton. He likes people; he knows how to relate to people. His father was a preacher. He can talk the talk. I’m impressed with this guy’s political skills.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home